Overnight Support Worker (Waking Nights)
£13.34 per hour
As an Overnight Support Worker you will provide a high level of support and care to children and young people with complex health care needs aged 6 - 25 throughout the night.
1. Provide a high level of personal care and support to children/young people with
complex health care needs.
2. Work with children/young people and their parents to enable them to have short
term breaks appropriate to the needs of the child/young person and the family.
3. Provide regular checks on the young people at 15 minute intervals throughout the
4. Assist with the planning of activities in line with the child/young persons needs with
the Projects Co-ordinator.
5. Contribute to the personal and social development of the children and young
6. Attend regular team meetings.
7. Attend appropriate training sessions and courses relevant to the post.
8. Comply with Safeguarding Children & Young Peoples and Safeguarding Adults
9. Comply with Health & Safety requirements and specifically to take reasonable care
of him or herself and other persons who may be affected by his or her acts or
omissions at work (Health & Safety Act 1974) and other relevant employment
legislation and Fairplay policies.
10. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
11. To ensure that Fairplays policies and procedures are followed.
12. To administer any medication as set out by the young persons care plan and to
follow Fairplays medication policies and procedures.
13. Work within the Data Protection Act.
14. To contribute to the evaluation of the session and write short reports.
15. To be responsible for a small petty cash system.
16. Deliver a policy of Equal Opportunities.
17. Participate in clinical supervision.
18. Carry out any other duties appropriate to the post as designated by the Project
19. Be available on evenings, weekends and school holidays.
Additional Relevant Information
1. There is a probationary period of up to three months at the discretion of the Project
Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and a high degree of discretion
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to develop and maintain relationships
Must be confident in their ability to work on their own or as part of a team
Ability to produce reports
Ability to attend sessional staff meetings/supervision at least three times a year
Possess good communication skills
Knowledge of disability issues including personal care
Knowledge of equal opportunities
Experience of working with young people/adults with complex disabilities and additional needs
Knowledge of Safeguarding Children Young Peoples guidelines
Ability to assist with producing risk assessments
Hold or be working towards a NVQ level 2/3 in Childcare, Health and Social Care, or equivalent qualification in Nursery Nursing, Nursing, Teaching, Youth Work or considerable experience and a willingness to undertake the Care Certificate.
Willingness to undertake personal care of young people
Willingness to undertake Moving and Handling, Administration of Medication and any other training required
Ability to work in a flexible manner, including evenings and weekends
Experience of working with volunteers
Basic Food Hygiene and First Aid Certificates
Knowledge of Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines and Health and Social Care Act 2008
Full drivers licence and willingness to drive Fairplay minibus and undertake any training required
Please note: This job is not covered by BeSpotted applicant protection.