£9.16 to £9.44 per hour
As a Team Member for Fairplay you will provide support and care to children and young people with a wide range of disabilities in various settings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide care and support to children and young people with a wide range of
disabilities including those with complex health care needs both in the wider
community and the Fairplay centre / Fairview House.
2. Liaise and work alongside other members of the Fairplay Team, volunteers and
work experience students.
3. To take responsibility for and delegate tasks appropriately to volunteers and work
experience students and assistant workers.
4. Attend appropriate training sessions relevant to the post including moving and
handling, medication administration and PROACT SCiPr UK training.
5. Comply with Safeguarding Children / Adults guidelines and have an understanding
on how these are implemented.
6. Participate in team meetings and regular supervision.
7. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
8. Comply with Health & Safety, Data Protection and Equality and diversity policies.
9. Be available on evenings, weekends and school holidays.
10. To be confident and competent in the administration of any medication via routes
set out in a child / young persons care plan (specific training will be given for
Buccal cavity, rectal and gastrostomy routes).
11. To be able to plan a programme of activities that are specific to the needs of young
people in your care and be confident in the delivery of these activities including
12. To be responsive to the needs of young people in your care at all times and be
mindful and observant.
13. To be able to provide dignified personal care.
14. To have the ability to cope in an emergency and appropriately manage a crisis
15. To be able to risk assess activities undertaken by young people and make
16. To be confident in the sole responsibility of a child or young person.
17. To work equally at the house with colleagues in providing safe, secure environment
and one that develops Independent Living Skills.
18. To be a good team player but to be able to work under own initiative and make low
level decisions without approval of line manager.
19. Have an understanding of challenging behaviour and be able to confidently support
young people through crisis and be able to use calming techniques.
20. To be able to write support plans, reports and evaluations to a good standard and
complete necessary paperwork.
21. To be competent in managing a small petty cash / float system and be able to
record transactions daily.
22. To liaise with parents, carers and other professionals as appropriate.
23. Carry out any other duties appropriate to the post as designated by the Fairplay
Chief Executive and Board of Trustees.
Additional Relevant Information
1.There is a probationary period of up to three months at the discretion of the Chief
Executive and Board of Trustees.
Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and a high degree of discretion
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Considerable experience of working with children or young people/adults with disabilities and additional needs
To be highly motivated and have ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to work in a flexible manner, including evenings and weekends
Possess excellent communication skills
Ability to write reports and complete necessary paperwork
Please note: This job is not covered by BeSpotted applicant protection.